- Clinical Research Services
- Specialty Services & Products
- Bioinformatics & IT Solutions(active tab)
- Advantage eClinical Suite
Bioinformatics & IT Solutions
Our investment in developing leading edge technologies reflects Emmes’ commitment to innovation. We provide effective cloud-based data management, processing, and analysis solutions to support clinical bioinformatics research including next generation sequencing (NGS) data analysis.
We also provide website and bioinformatics software development and imaging data storage services. We maintain NCI-issued bioinformatics software packages that have more than 18,000 registered users worldwide, plus over 3,000 citations.
- NGS data management, processing, and analysis including variant calling
- Transcriptomics, proteomics, metabolomics, and lipidomics data analysis
- Start-to-end automation of analysis and reporting to facilitate reproducible research
- Bioinformatics software development
- Medical informatics, combined with Advantage eClinical, to produce imaging data for clinical trials
- Includes a picture archiving system residing on scalable cloud storage
- Creation and maintenance of 508-compliant content management systems
- Implementation of designated public and private sections for sponsor and Data and Safety Monitoring Board (DSMB) reporting
Ground-breaking opportunities for genomics and proteomics research
This work began as a study to better understand the molecular mechanisms of a flu vaccine adjuvant – a compound that enhances the effects of a vaccine. It was notable as one of the first studies to measure how human transcriptional and proteomics responses change following avian influenza vaccination in multiple immune cell types simultaneously with and without the adjuvant. The extensive analysis carried out by our team revealed that the adjuvant administered with the flu vaccine stimulated subsets of white blood cells to increase expression of genes and proteins that improve uptake and processing of antigens [Ref1][Ref2]. To meet the complex data processing requirements, our team used scalable cloud resources for data processing and analysis. The associated research analysis infrastructure has been reproduced and applied to other -omics studies, saving time and money for future research. Ultimately, the results from such studies will help to develop better and more personalized vaccines.